Wow here we are in a New Year and into my “3rd year” of recording (that’s slightly cheating as I did only start mid-2010, but stats can be used how we want them right?). I hope you all had a great festive period and welcomed 2012 in with style? I managed till 4am which is good going, especially with those whisky and bourbon shots.
This is a bit of a tidy up episode as I’ve included tracks from 2011 that I’ve not been able to include before. There’s still plenty left as well so we shall have to see how 2012 goes before working out if I can sneak any of them in.
So yeah, sit back, pour yourself your drink of choice, and enjoy.
1. Escort – Cocaine Blues
2. EMA – Milkman
3. Danielson – Lil Norge
4. Johnny Foreigner – Electricity vs the Dead
5. Kimya Dawson – Same Shit Complicated
6. Dave Hughes – Dancing Two-Step
7. Darren Hayman – The Ship’s Piano
8. J.Mascis – Circle
9. Marianne Faithfull – Gee Baby
10. Bright Eyes – Haile Salassie
11. 65daysofstatic – Burial Scene
12. Ryan Adams – I love you but I don’t know what to say
Welcome to my first ever Xmas Mix, it’s not a normal podcast as I don’t have the time just now so you can only download rather than stream through the site. There probably won’t be anything new here for you but it’s a bunch of Xmas songs I enjoy. I hope you all have a Merry Xmas and Happy Hogmonay.
1. Bruce Springsteen – Santa Clause is Coming to Town
2. Ramones – Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight)
3. Tom Waits – Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis
4. Half Man Half Biscuit – All I Wanted for Xmas was a Dukla Prague Away Kit
5. Darren Hayman – The Christmas Wars
6. Ben Folds Five – A Bizarre Christmas Incident
7. Gruff Rhys – Post Apocalypse Christmas
8. The Vandals – My First Xmas (As A Woman)
9. Fountains of Wayne – I Want An Alien for Christmas
10. The Pogues feat Kirsty MacColl – Fairytale of New York
11. The Long Blondes – Christmas is Cancelled
12. Low – Little Drummer Boy
13. Tim Minchin – White Wine in the Sun