I’m not going to apologise for the lateness of the podcast as it should just be a given that it comes out late, I wish I had a way to remember what day/week/month/year it was but alas there doesn’t seem to be anything in existence that can help me.
Anyway, here are six new tracks and a few warblings by me that I hope you like. Please leave comments on here, facebook, or via twitter if you you like as it is always nice to hear from listeners.
See you again in a couple of weeks (well, in roughly two weeks anyway).
Greetings one and all to another episode of the slideintomyhand podcast, I hope you are all well. It’s been a good month for live music, with trips to see Raime and Female Band who are both featured in this months pod at the DCA, and then through to Glasgow to see Shambles Miller, Dave Hughes and the Renegade Folk Punk Band, and Jim Lockey and the Solemn Suns. A great gig it was as well.
As ever the pod is all over the place with it’s genre’s but that’s what is great with music, you don’t have to love just one type and grow bored and insular within a single scene. So I hope the jumps aren’t too jarring and you get some enjoyment from it. Feel free to leave some comments either here, over on facebook or on twitter. See you all again soon.
I really should start thinking about more interesting things to write in these introductions to the podcast, I mean surely they set the scene and can entice new people into the podcast? It’s a shame then that I’m not much of a writer, which is why I try and do short and sweet podcasts and let the music do the talking. Wait, does that sound corny as fuck?
Ach well, it’s now written and I’m not going to change it. Anyway, here is the latest episode of this here podcast which includes 6 more amazing tracks and some babble by me. I hope you enjoy it, feel free to leave comments here, on facebook, or on twitter.
1. The Thermals – Born to Kill
2. Low Litas – New Kills
3. Sooner the Sunset – Long After I’m Gone
4. Mogwai – What Are They Doing in Heaven Today?
5. Solvent – Themogene
6. Edward Scissortongue – Rosegarden
Hello and welcome to 2013, we kick off the year with Episode 31 of slideintomyhand. It is full of quality tracks for your enjoyment, fingers crossed that you agree with me.
For the next few months I am going to do two podcasts a month, but they are only going to be around 30 minutes each so don’t worry I won’t be boring you to death. This was a suggestion from one of my listeners as they felt it would be easier to digest, let me know if this is the case. There’s a comments section below these words here, or you can find me on twitter @slideintomyhand, or Facebook. Again search for Slideintomyhand.
1. Boy – This Is The Beginning
2. Haim – Forever
3. Chvrches – The Mother We Share
4. Stealing Sheep – Your Saddest Song
5. Mark McCabe – Just Ask Nicely
6. Jim Lockey & The Solemn Suns – Morning Wake Up
Another apology for there being a two month gap between podcasts, this time I really mean it when I say it won’t happen again. Now I better start listening to lots of new music and preparing for next month.
There’s not much more to say, so have a good month and enjoy the music. Apologies for the utter nonsense spoken between the tunes.
1. And you will know us by the trail of dead – Catatonic
2. Maybeshewill – Farewell Sarajevo
3. Green Day – Stay the Night
4. Franz Nicolay – The Heart of Boston
5. Dave Hughes and the Renegade Folk Punk Band – As You Are
6. Corin Tucker Band – Neskowin
7. Silversun Pickups – Mean Spirited
8. Gaslight Anthem – National Anthem
9. Pussy Riot – Kill the Sexist
10. Flying Lotus – Ting Tortures
11. Bat for Lashes – Laura
12. Nils Frahm – me
Welcome back to slideintomyhand, apologies for there not being an episode last month. A mixture of being busy and little internet access got in the way, hopefully that won’t happen again. It does of course mean you are more excited about the latest episode and will be downloading it in your thousands right?
This is being recorded in-between life on the road, if only it was as exciting as that sounds. I do enjoy my work, but living in hotels is dull after I while. I miss proper food, ie my own cooking. Only a month left of that life though, so no complaints.
Not been listening to much new music, need to get back into that habit especially as I have a hard drive of stuff waiting to be listened to.
Anyway enough of my waffle. Some quality tunes this month, I hope that you agree. Leave comments or tweet me @slideintomyhand.
1. Public Service Broadcasting – London Can Take It
2. Eternal Summers – Kill You
3. Human Don’t Be Angry – HDBA Theme
4. Exitmusic – The Sea
5. Purity Ring – obedear
6. Of Monsters and Men – Little Talks
7. Shellshag – Kiss Me Harder
8. Nelson Can – Do You Really Wanna Get Rid Of Me?
9. The Tuts – I Call You Up
10. The Spook School – History
11. Fever Fever – Teeth
Another month, another pod of great music from yours truly. Yay.
This month is one of celebration as I have just finished University, Charlton Athletic are to be awarded a trophy for being brilliant, and generally it is a new beginning which can only offer lots of great opportunities. Bring it on.
So yeah, I hope you enjoy the podcast. I enjoyed making it but I may be a little bit biased. Feel free to leave comments, and follow me on twitter @slideintomyhand. Bounce bounce bounce.
1. Daphne and Celeste – School’s Out
2. Jack White – On and On and On
3. The King Blues – 5 Bottles of Shampoo
4. Spiritualized – Freedom
5. Leonard Cohen – Different Strokes
6. Animal – Burning Leaves
7. Rabbit! – Go For It
8. The Weeknd – DD
9. Nicki Minaj – Roman Holiday
10. Pelican – Ataraxia
11. te –
12. pg.Lost – Sheaves
Welcome to Episode 23 of slideintomyhand, I hope you are enjoying life and looking forward to another selection of tunes picked by yours truly. There are some real crackers this month, including a couple picked by folk troubadour Dave Hughes. Both are crackers so you are in for a treat.
Well it’s getting late so I will keep this short but sweet, you can find Dave Hughes all over the internet but wherever you choose to follow him look out for an announcement of a new tour tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed he comes to a venue near you.
For next month I will be doing a Bruce Springsteen special as I want to celebrate his fantastic new album, so if you have a favourite track of his please feel free to let me know what it is and why and you will probably be included in next month’s show. Cool eh?
1. Sly Stone – Everyday People
2. DJ Format – Mr DJ
3. Errors – Magna Encarta
4. Twilight Sad – Not Sleeping
5. Mischief Brew – Roll Me Through The Gates of Hell
6. Sinead O’Connor – Back Where You Belong
7. Bonnie Prince Billy & Mariee Sioux – Not Mocked
8. Mark Lanegan Band – Riot In My House
9. Pulled Apart By Horses – Shake off the Curse
10. Emma Hallows – Sams Floor
11. Speech Debelle – The Problem
12. Air – Moon Fever
Hello and welcome to the latest episode of slideintomyhand, I hope you have all had a wonderful 2012 so far. It’s been ok here in sunny Dundee (although I say that with the wettest day of the year happening outside, humph) so I have no complaints.
This month we have a wonderful special guest in Lis (aka lastyearsgirl) introducing a couple of great tracks of her choice which is cool, so a big thanks to her. Go visit her site and be enlightened, challenged, and introduced to new music. Look out for more special guests in the coming months.
Apart from that the show is your usual mix of tunes and me waffling, there are two glaring errors which are my fault (or the red wines). First off, got mixed up between Lis’ new and old tracks when I wrote down the order so sorry about that. And I can’t read my own handwriting and Lindstrom’s track is Deja Vu (my u looked like an a). I am so professional it is scary.
1. Miacca – I’ve Got A Boyfriend Now
2. Colour Me Wednesday – Holiday From Your Life
3. First Aid Kit – King of the World
4. Jenny Owen Youngs – Voice on Tape
5. The Horrible Crowes – Behold the Hurricane
6. Emma Ruth Rundle – Goteborg
7. Boy – This Is The Beginning
8. Malcolm Middleton – School Dances
9. Lindstrom – Deja Vu
10. Luke Haines – Big Daddy Got A Casio VL Tone
11. Mi & L’au – Faces
12. KRS-One – What it is/outro